My blog has a new look!
It's a new year, and I am all about fresh starts. Trevor has been coming home from work most days to rearranged furniture, different throw pillows, and my need for him to help me move pictures from one wall to another.
I decided to change from "Simply, Me." to "Happy Girl". I guess I decided that I don't always see my life as being simple. Not simple as in easy, but simple as in...measly. I am here in this big world, but I'm just a speck-simple. I think I used to see myself more that way. Kind of making a difference but in the background.
I guess that maybe I have felt some personal growth this year, and that always comes from amazing experiences, good and bad.
Maybe because of those experiences, I'm going to work on these goals. I'm...
1. Not holding back on "I love you". To anyone! Mom, Dad, siblings, friends, husband, kids, you name it. Everyone deserves to know they are loved, and is there really any reason for us to hold back?
2. Getting over being shy. This will always be a struggle. It's in the genes. But once you put yourself out there, amazing friends come into your life!
3. Knowing that I am good at more than just running the household. I made the goal to reconnect with tennis. I was scared to do it, but I can't tell you what a difference it has made in me. I am healthier, happier, more confident and just proud of myself.
4. Cherishing friends and loved ones even more. The more you live and experience the more you realize how precious life is. I CHERISH my loved ones and will try not to take them for granted.
5. Making time for sweet little moments. They are easy to miss. Especially with my children. They are growing FAST. I know that soon I will be trying desperately to grasp My oldest's fingers as she begins to let go.
6. Keeping that happy attitude. Sometimes it's so easy to get dragged down. To get caught up in all the drama and sadness of this world. But I will continue to try to smile, love and uplift as much as I can.
There are so many more thoughts and goals running through this head of mine. But I will share them with you here on my blog as they unfold throughout this new year.
(blogging...notice MD asleep in my chair)