4.30.2006

My kind of world

The subject of kindness was taught to me today, and it's importance has been on my mind. I found these 2 quotes that I just love. Albert and Ettiene said with much eloquance what I feel in my heart regarding kindness. (see quotes below)

Another goal for me:

I aim to try to be kinder to others, to treat them as an equal to myself, and as my brother or my sister. I will try to not judge. I'd like to be there with open arms and open mind and open heart. I am not perfect. I can be shy and at times find it difficult to reach out, but I think the outcome could be grand! Don't you? I can imagine a world full of open arms, and listening ears, and shoulders to cry on. It has to start somewhere though, so I will try to start with me.


"The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty and Truth. The trite subjects of human efforts, possessions, outward success, luxury have always seemed to me contemptible." - Albert Einstein

"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Ettiene De Grellet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the quotes...SO good. They make me ask myself, "Am I doing that?" Good quotes do that.
Kris